Thursday, April 27, 2006

In Loving Memory

Okay. I know this week didn't scratch the itch, so I have no choice but to do this. I give you this photo-essay of the single best American Idol moment: The Constantine Ejection.

It may take a minute for these to load. Hang in there, it's worth it. I promise.

I can't take credit for this glorious collection. I stole it completely from roadblocker over at Survivor Sucks. Yes. I could've just posted a link, but I knew a bunch of you lazy bums wouldn't've followed it. And trust me, this WILL make you laugh. HARD. There's a good chance it'll make you laugh so hard you cry like Elliott. (Still working on compiling a collection there. Might take some time.)

Anyhow. In case you don't recall how it shook out, last year's top six was divided into three groups of two. Bo and Carrie in one group. Anthony Federov and Vonzell in the other one, and Constantine and Scott Savol were then told to choose who they belonged with. Of course, they both chose to stand next to Bo and Carrie. They were told "wrong answer." And you can now relive exactly how it played out:














Please note some of the highlights:

Savol's stupid signature move of pointing to the ceiling when he hears he's safe. Also of note is the particularly self-satisfied, psycho smile he gets when Constantine's eviction is announced.

The looks on Constantine's face are priceless. There's nothing I can say to improve on those pictures.

Please note the "you're a bunch of motherfuckers" look on Bo's face from the gallery.

Also of note is Paula's hysterical reaction. Even her unseemly Elliott gushing display this week didn't quite hit the incoherent, emotionally bottomed out, peak of desperation that this did. Of particular note is the way she comforted Connie's mom, who was also terribly distraught.

That, my friends, was good television.

6 comments:

janey jay said...

Brilliant. Simply brilliant.

I had forgotten the glorious trainwreck that was The Constantine Rejection. The best part of that whole mess was Paula's drunken Crawl of Grief over to Con's mother to share a moment of sympathy. I'll be chuckling over this one for the rest of the day.

SusanD said...

Good times, Laura. Good times. That photo thing is hilarious, isn't it? I lost it when I first saw it. Paula's such a beautiful mess.

Myfanwy Collins said...

Ahhh, thank you! That hit the spot.

katrina said...

You are the best! Thanks for making me laugh sooo much!

Donald Capone said...

These pictures are priceless. Along with man landing on the moon, and Ruby shooting Oswald, The Constantine Ejection was one of the true highlights in TV History.

Paula consoling the family, and Constantine in disbelief that other people didn't consider him the greatest thing on earth. Classic!

SusanD said...

Suki, Katrina, Don, Myfanwy -- I am SO GLAD you guys can appreciate that moment, too!