Thursday, March 16, 2006

Cribbing Collins

Look, I won't lie. I didn't come up with all this news from abroad. Myfanwy Collins led me toward it. So, instead of reading this post, you could just peruse her blog for a while and follow the links. But things that I know now because of her:

The Million Writer Awards--notable stories of 2005 are now listed. The top ten will be listed on April 1. Congratulations to all of the notables! I am still checking out this list, but I got really excited when I saw Tripp Reade's "Darryl's 1890". listed! GO TRIPP!!

There is a very good interview by Susan Henderson with Ron Currie. If you are a writer and you don't know Ron Currie, you'll know of him soon, and you'll seethe with jealousy ;) And if you're a reader and don't know Ron Currie, you'll know him soon, and you'll be glad. (His novel-in-stories, "God Is Dead," will be published by Viking in 2007.)

Myfanwy is the featured essay this week on Jordan Rosenfeld's blog, and it's a great one!

Ellen Meister was the previous essay, and that's a good one, too! Also, a big clap for Ellen, who just today finished her second novel! (and it's already sold!)

In other news, Don Capone REALLY needs to update his blog ;)

And Gwendolyn Joyce Mintz is back from San Fran! She'll have pics soon!

2 comments:

Myfanwy Collins said...

Ha! You can crib me anytime, Susan. :)

Donald Capone said...

Yes, I updated my blog!