Friday, June 20, 2008

Meme Meany

I've been tagged by the poetic Dennis Mahagin. Unfortunately, I'm both boring and secretive. When people used to ask me questions I didn't want to answer, I used to just shrug and coyly say, "I'm not closed off, I'm just boring." And then I'd flip the script back to them. I still flip the script, but I'll at least now admit that sometimes I don't want to answer questions about myself, no matter how seemingly inane or perfunctory they are. Some people find this strange. I just shrug. I do appreciate Dennis's attention, though, and did read his answers, which were great. So check his out.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Unfortunately, I'm both boring and secretive."

If only more people know how to contain their borings to themselves rather than spread their infestations. Haha. I've had to stop people mid conversation to tell them that 1) they've got the wrong audience for their dribbles and 2) I'm not listening. Yet, that hasn't prevented people from droning on and on, which perplexes me. Instead of parents teaching their kids that if they don't have anything nice to say... it should be if you don't have anything interesting to say. On the flipside, I'm been an offender myself, and yet, when you're the one doing the bore, it's much more tolerable :) Maybe that's the key, bore them before they bore you. Anyhow, I have the Cliff notes should you decide to yield to the pressure of having been tagged to respond. It's viral those tags, the neo-chain mail.

What's up with this though:
"2. What are 5 things on my To Do list today?"

People make To Do list? What perversion created this question list? Who was ground zero?

Anonymous said...

I just saw the post where you were tagged, and bowed out at the ToDo list :)

WTF is "dribbles"? I think he meant "drivels". Haha.

SusanD said...

Hiya Sticky. Yeah, to do lists are just depressing. And I've stopped people to tell them I'm not listening anymore, too! They don't care! They just keep going, usually saying something like, "oh, but this is interesting." It never is.

Anonymous said...

Yes but...

I mean...


What about the Tap Dancing
like G. Hines on cobblestones?

Real cobblestones.


As if they came in Ersatz!

ha!


(Sadly, I never got around to that tap dancing... ;/ wah

However, it sounded good
saying saying that I wanna.


PS...

I hardly ever do those memes either, Susan. But I have a huge
crush on the gal who tagged me.


What's a fella to do?


Rock on, Susan D!


--D