Friday, September 28, 2007

Amorous Woman by Donna George Storey

I've been tagged by the marvelously talented Donna George Storey.

However, since I just recently did one of these memes and it was hard to come up with 8 things the first time, instead of doing the meme again, I figured I'd talk about Donna a bit.

Donna is a very accomplished writer of both literary fiction and erotica. (Why do we feel the need to separate those categories?) I love her writing, because it's vivid and descriptive and also elegant and polished. And yet, it's not the least bit high-falutin' or pretentious. And, believe me, that's a line I'm a bit of a hardass about. She's just so smooth and smart and sexy with her language. Even better, her plots and characters are always wildly engaging. Donna's a veteran of several celebrated anthologies, but she has just recently released her own debut novel!

Amorous Woman by Donna George Storey.


'The day I left Japan, I stared at my reflection in the mirror in the airport ladies' room and made the following vows: I would never tell another lie, especially to myself. I would never let desire overwhelm common sense. I would never sleep with a man who was married to someone else, mime fellatio with a complete stranger on a stage, or take money for sex again. In fact, to cover all bases, I would never have sex again with anyone, man or woman, for the rest of my life.' The erotic secrets of one woman's sexual awakening and her subsequent passions in Japan as an 'Amorous Woman'

This book is a sizzler, alright! Donna's fluid style brings Japan to life, along with all the sensual and sexual delights that her amorous woman encounter.

The book is published by a UK publisher, but if you check Amazon, you can often find a copy for sale for under $10. Sometimes, that distributor is sold out and the price spikes, but do yourself a favor and keep it on your list and do check back, because they'll restock, and this book is worth the wait. Also, be sure to check Donna's website for availability updates.

No comments: