Thursday, May 19, 2005

Good Reads

Ok teenagers. Tomorrow we'll be having another writer spotlight and this one will be with Renee Nicholson. In case you care to brush up ahead of time though, she's just had a story pubbed at The Cerebral Catalyst. It's called My Darlings and it's fierce and fab. (and it's now officially time for me to stop watching ANTM)

Another splendid read I ran across this week is by the multi-talented and multi-wonderful Beverly Jackson. It's called The Day Room and it's up as part of The Absinthe Literary Review's Eros and Thanatos issue. (I would LOVE to get into that issue of that mag, and I'm so jazzed for Bev for doing it. Trust me, I've tried and didn't make the cut. Her story most definitely fits the bill and is well deserving of being there. But I'm still jealous as hell!)

In the non-fiction vein, excellent book reviewer Steve Hansen has a new book review posted at Small Spiral Notebook. It's of Bee Lavender's Lessons in Taxidermy.

1 comment:

Bev Jackson said...

You are such a sweetie. Thank you!
The kindest, dearest high roller I know. :-) I hug you.