Thursday, May 05, 2005

The Beat

And we're back to me. The cool online magazine The Beat was kind enough to post an excerpt of my book, 24/7. It's also got a way cool intro by Renee Nicholson that says things that make me swoon to read them. If you put "Chuck Palahniuk" anywhere in connection to my writing, I about die of happiness. (And I'm sure that somewhere, someday, when Chuck Palahniuk sees the references he'll want to die, too. Ahem. Not of happiness.) Anyhow, it's all right here: Renee's intro and excerpt at The Beat.

A few words about The Beat: They feature short stories, reviews, poetry, and terrific links. It's a very cool place that's probably too classy for me. But I'll gladly bask in it!

A few words about Renee. She's a former ballerina who was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis. She's recently begun political advocacy work and she keeps a blog about her adventures which is well worth checking out. It can be found here: Life With RA. She also writes fiction and regularly does book reviews for The Beat. She's sharp and insightful and she has an uncanny connection and ability to see inside the work she tackles. Here's a few samples of her reviews:
Steve Almond's The Evil BB Chow

James Harms' Freeways and Aqueducts

Thanks to both Renee and The Beat.

1 comment:

SusanD said...

Yo thanks, Fred. Much as I'm an attention slut these days, I'm begging you to not do a "would you hit it?" poll on me. Really, I have enough real life evidence of the inevitable negative outcome of that poll already.