Sunday, December 07, 2008

Page 56 Tag

I was just tagged by the charming and talented Myfanwy Collins.

And here are the rules...

RULE ONE, I have to grab one of the books closest to me, go to page 56, type the fifth line and the next two to five lines that follow.

The book closest to me right now was a gift, and I'm in the middle of it, and I'm loving it! It is Declan Burke's The Big O.

She looked up, licking at some brown dribble hanging from her upper lip and growling way back in her throat.
"It's okay, hon," Karen said, taking Anna's face in her hands, cupping her beneath both ears and kissing her on the forehead. Anna squirmed pleasurably and wriggled free of Karen's grasp, the huge tongue lolling in anticipation of a game.

RULE TWO, I have to pick five people who love books. My five picks are:

Citizen Jane
Dennis Mahagin
Donna George Storey
Mick Halpin (the giver of the gifted book that's quoted above)
Jen Hayley

1 comment:

Declan Burke said...

Hi Susan - Much obliged for the mention, ma'am, and glad to hear you're enjoying the book ... Cheers, Dec