Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Vicarious Vegas

Happy New Year!

This is now the time of year I wish I could hibernate. The dog days of winter. It's long, it's cold, it's dark. Generally, to get through the months of January and February, I just count down the days and look toward March. I know that's not a good way to live, to wish away time, but I need something to look forward to. And around here, March isn't really all that much relief. It's generally still cold and snowy, even if the days are noticeably longer. But it is a breaking point where the end is in sight. And, traditionally, I'd always take a nice long vacation in March.

For years, I've gone to Vegas for March Madness. So, to help pass the time in enjoyable ways right now, I plan my trip and spend silly amounts of time daydreaming about how much fun I'll have and how wonderful it'll be to get in the sunshine. One of my favorite things to do to heighten my anticipation is watch my favorite Vegas movies. So, since we're also looking down the barrel of a barren television-scape the next few months, I figured I'd tell you about some of my faves for vicarious thrills.

No comments: