Thursday, July 05, 2007

Tagged by Paul

Paul A. Toth has tagged me.

The rules:

1. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
2. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.


Here's my eight things:

1. I can't ride a bike. I've tried to learn several times but always end up injured.

2. I swam with a shark once, and went scuba diving with a whole bunch of sharks. Hammerheads. They're very cool and beautiful and primal, but I was really, deeply scared. The best part of the whole thing was this loudmouth asshole who kept making fun of me for being nervous before the dive. They warned us many, many times that the most important thing to do was to NOT get freaked out and swim away. Asshole got down there and when the sharks showed up, I looked over to see his reaction and only saw a cloudy trail of sand in his wake. He totally bolted. Surfaced too fast and got black eyes. Laughing at him made the terror worthwhile.

3. Right now, I believe that Semi-Homemade with Sandra Lee is the funniest show on television. I'll talk more about this shortly on the blog, but in the meantime, if you have a chance to catch this gem of a show, please do. It's on at 5:30 PM weekdays on the Food Network.

4. If celebrity encounters interest you, I've had a few. Most notably, I've been yelled at by Greg Maddux and fell on my face in front of Andy Garcia. The yelling at by Maddux? Oh, I totally deserved it. The loudmouth asshole I referenced in number 2, he's got nothing on me. Look up "obnoxious" in the dictionary and you'll find a picture of Susan DiPlacido after eight stadium beers. The whole ugly incident also cost me my favorite boyfriend. For some reason though, I still laugh about it, so I don't regret a second of it! The Garcia thing, I don't think I deserved that humiliation. But my friends still laugh about it so I don't regret it.

5. I would rather swim with sharks than speak in public.

6. I once got arrested for streaking. The following detail probably doesn't need stated as it's implied, but I had been drinking. I'm telling you, that Cocktail Hour with Sandra Lee can lead to some wild stuff!

7. I have a tattoo that reads "Please return to Caesars Palace." Again, with the cocktail hour. You know.

8. I struggled an inordinately long time to come up with this list. I love to talk, but prefer to talk about things that interest me. I don't interest me, because I'm a boring person. I have a few decent anecdotes, but they're best told verbally while swapping stories over vodka.


Since I'm not a rulebreaker, I tag:
Biff Mitchell
Dennis Mahagin
Don Capone
Maryanne Stahl
Ellen Meister
Jordan Rosenfeld
Diane
Middle Aged Suburban Diva

3 comments:

Ellen said...

You may be the LEAST boring I know. You want to talk boring? I drive a minivan. Nuff said.

Still, I'm happy to be tagged and will play in a few days. Thanks! LOVE your responses!!! Hilarious!

xoEllen

janey jay said...

Ai yi yi -- my first tagging...

I'm with Ellen -- there's totally nothing boring about you, darling. That Sandra Lee is something else, isn't she. I think I heckle the TV more when watching her than I do during some sporting event.

Am working on something profound and worthy regarding my responses.

SusanD said...

Ellen, Laura -- thanks! Can't wait to check out your responses. And Ellen, driving a minivan doesn't make one boring.