Monday, July 09, 2007

I couldn't title this post because Blogger is being a fucktart. Anyhow.

Are you watching Flight of the Conchords after Entourage? If you're not, you should give it a try. It's REALLY funny. As with some other HBO shows (Curb Your Enthusiasm, Extras) the humor is calibrated a little off-center, but for a show about a band trying to make it in New York, it's not the off beat kind that you're thinking of.

It actually goes well in conjunction with Entourage, because all the Hollywood excess and good luck and lavishness of that show can really make you want to fucking kill yourself if it's the last thing you watch on a Sunday night before going to bed and knowing you have to face another workweek in your shithole job. I mean, yeah, Drama and his loser proclivities should help ease the sting, but even with Vince now being broke, they're still clubbing and coozing and though I've grown to love three of the guys, the knowledge that there are talentless peckerheads like Eric Murphy populating LA -- living high on the hog for doing nothing -- really can be a pisser. I was really hoping Harvey would've smashed his face in when Eric was supposed to tell him he couldn't buy Medellin. But, of course, Drama saved the day there.

Anyhow, I digress. I didn't mean to talk about Entourage. My point was just that Conchords brings you back down to Earth and makes you feel not-so-bad about yourself. I mean, what with Bret and Jemaine having one fan, sharing a bedroom, and taking public transportation. Give 'em a try.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey S!
I love Flight of the Conchords - the song lyrics alone make me piss my pants with laughter. It's both funny and painful to watch the "one fan" - I KNOW that chick a dozen times over. Hell I've totally been that chick! *sigh*

Hugs...

Diane

Anonymous said...

I've been away from your blog for WAY to long, so I have a lot of catching up to do. As for Conchords, I'm first in line for this DVD and can't wait for the second season. I hope viewership increases with word of mouth and keeps these guys aloft!