Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Yum

The lovely and talented Donna George Storey recently shared a recipe for almond tea cake that I tried and loved. So when she asked if I had a recipe for tiramisu, I felt kind of bad, because I kind of don't. It's more of a clusterfuck of what I feel like doing, with some basic steps, but I passed it along to her, so go ahead and check out her blog if you want to check out one of my favorite standards that's never really standard.

Also speaking of food/beverage, I know I'm pathetic at this point, but damn right I'm a gonna try this. I'll mix anything with vodka at least once. Between this and Dexter, blood oranges are really getting some play these days.

1 comment:

Donna said...

Vampire juice? This blood lust stuff really is super-fad, isn't it?

So glad you liked the almond cake, Susan. I'm planning on trying the chocolate version of your recipe (clusterfuck is good in cooking I think), but my only problem is, how can I get creative when I've never really made a basic tiramisu in my own kitchen? Or is it okay to get wild from the start? I have a feeling I know what you're going to say :-).

And thanks again for that recipe. Just reading it is an indulgent treat.