Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Yummy and Cuddly

One of the best perks of being a "creative" kind of person is that you'll end up with other creative people as your friends. And creative people aren't always focused in one area. You know, like Tony Bennett is a great painter as well as a singer. Like that. So a lot of my writer friends dabble -- and excel -- in other areas, and this can produce some lovely enjoyments. Two such instances:

Donna George Storey is also an accomplished cook and is currently one of the erotica writers involved in a Progressive Blog Dinner. Each writer/blogger is hosting a different course each day. Donna's day is on Saturday with a vegetarian course, but you can find the entire schedule on her blog and catch up and enjoy and maybe get yourself some new recipes.

Gwendolyn Joyce Mintz is a multi-talented woman, and I just received the most lovely and adorable hand-sewn teddy bear from her. It's truly beautiful, and I think she's starting up a bear business, so I'll keep you updated about that. Thanks, Gwen!

Now if I could just make friends with Tony Bennett to get myself a new painting or private serenade, I'd truly have the best of everything.