Wednesday, December 14, 2005

TQR

Well, apparently things are heating up at the new 'zine TQR. This place is different, that's for sure. They accept longer stories, which I'm all in favor of. But they also have a fairly open and public screening process. Which means that once your story passed the first round of editors, the second round reads it and then comments on it on their message boards, called the "Free Market" section of the site. Right now, most second-round stories are being discussed in The Terminal.

No, I don't have a story that's being discussed up there, so I'm not pimping myself here. In Yoda speak: Intrepid, you must be if you wish to submit. I just don't have the will to have one of my stories be discussed publicly like that. Yet. We'll see how it goes though. If no one's really insulting, maybe I'll give it a shot during another submission round, cause I've got plenty of long pieces, and most 'zines have a 5-6k word count limit. In the meantime, it's been entertaining to watch this transparency in progress.

As a bit of irony, as I gleaned from the messageboards and from their blog, they had a little internal combustion go down. And, you know, internal strife always makes for great outsider reading!

Anyhow. It'll be interesting to see what sort of stories they lean toward after this first quarter is published complete with the fiction.

No comments: