Friday, November 18, 2005

The quiet time

So after a small flurry of posting there, I fell a bit silent again. I do have some interesting interviews coming up though, so please check it out here every once in a while.

In the meantime, you'll be hearing plenty more (from me, if no one else) about my latest upcoming release, Mutual Holdings, which is due to be in Barnes & Noble stores very soon. (for starters, you can see the cover below, and I can tell you it's a steamy erotic romance, with lots of good scenery in Italy.)

I've also been keeping myself busy writing another book, and I'm hitting the final stages of the first draft. I'm really excited about this book, but also anxious. It's different for me. It's reverting back to the pulp influences I used slightly in 24/7, except this one is much more pulpy, and oh-so-Vegas. (though, I will say that Marina and Miguel from 24/7 are supporting players in this book as well.) My working title is HOUSE MONEY, and to give you the flavor it's sorta like if GOODFELLAS crossed with OCEAN'S ELEVEN, but with smart, badass chicks. In fact, it's not a romance or relationship book at all, but it might still be chick lit -- if chick lit had more guns.

But, because of this whole new genre, I think I'm at about ground zero when it comes to publication. I'd very much like to get an agent on board and try to sell this book, because I think it's my favorite one so far. But I'm out of my element with the market. I'm also not sure what small presses are available for a work like this. So, if anyone drops by and reads this message and has any words of advice, I'd be much obliged, for sure. Thanks, and I'll be back with more soon! In case I lag behind again though, I hope you have a nice Thanksgiving!

6 comments:

Donald Capone said...

You're on fire, Susan. Can't wait to read you new new book. Goodfellas meets Ocean's 11 with chicks!

Congrats on Mutual Holdings. Do you have any book signings lined up yet?

SusanD said...

You're so good to me, Don. No, no booksignings yet. I don't know that I'd have the guts to publicly read from the new book.

Donald Capone said...

This book is for B&N, so I'm sure they'll want some in-store appearances/book signings, no?

Maybe you can do a performance art interpretation instead of a straight reading.

SusanD said...

Maybe you can do a performance art interpretation instead of a straight reading.

You kill me. Would you care to volunteer to help me perform and interpret it?

Donald Capone said...

Who do I get to be? Lisa, Tony, or Gianni?

SusanD said...

Anyone you wanna be, Don.